I am currently accepting new students.The process of becoming a student is simple. Contact me, either through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me at (954)579-4139. I like to interview prospective students first. Not because of any secret or clandestine reason, but because I want to make sure Chendokan Aikido is what you're looking for, and that we are a good fit for you. Martial arts are a very personal decision. Different people, at different times of their lives want different things. If we're not what you're looking for, I should be able to point you in the right direction.
Requirements for a new student
|Aikido gi and hakama|
1. Physical Requirements: There are bare minimum physical requirements. I have trained with and taught people in their 50's, 60's and even their 80's. I have even had a student who was unable to use his legs.
2. Mental Requirements: In order to practice aikido, you need to have an open mind with the ability to accept ideas, and be flexible.
3. Clothing Requirements: Eventually students will need to purchase and wear a gi, and eventually a hakama. A patch will need to be purchased ($10) to put on the gi. For immediate future, just come in clothing you can move in.
4. Legal Requirement: In order to practice, a legal agreement must be signed. It simply indicates that you know martial arts (aikido) is an activity and you accept the risks yourself.
5. Other Requirements: Students must have a journal to bring to class every night.
Thank you for your interest, and I look forward to hearing from you.